Thursday 18 December 2014

Anxiety before Results.


Where pangs of excitement, happiness, and stress are felt anxiety before examination results is one of the most tormented emotion encountered during student life. Exams are one big torment itself, but the torment of examination result stands taller in comparison. Physical relief is granted but mental relief is obtained only when result inquiry is obtained. Days go restless and at nights students fell prey to nightmares and even hallucinations. Such level of anxiety might vary from peer to peer. Some might experience loss of appetite welled up due to anxiety disorders while some might eat more than usual. Such cases are normally jolted down. Students eagerly wait for results and desire to grab A grades.

I fell into an abyss of similar anxiety after I gave my first ever International Cambridge Examinations. I visualized certain scenarios and hoped for things to go fine. On my result day, my eyes were red and all dried up since i was up all night. My conjunctiva felt drier than ever. Head was heavy and heart was sinking, skipping beats and jolted me every time i gave a thought. I drove to school with my mom on a sunny Tuesday. I had struggled and wanted to bear fruit and not the brunt. Having appeared in 3 subjects I expected 3A*s. I entered school, and just before listening to my result i was numb, my body shivered, erector muscles had contracted and fear was explicit on my face. I held my mother's hand and grabbed the guts to listen to my result. However, I scored 2A*s and an A. Tears ran down my mothers eyes and i acknowledged how proud and happy she felt. The clouds of restlessness and anxiety had faded away. I made it to my parents expectations, anyhow, human thirst never satisfies and i felt i could have had 3A*s on the board. I bowed down in thanksgiving to my Lord. The phase i went through was my first time and i realized its incredulous intensity.

Such sensations well up naturally not only in some students but in all the students and can be taken over by hoping for the best. Expectations should be kept low but hopes must be high. Such a voluntary reflex to anxiety helps relieving it to some extent.  Hope for the best and kill down anxiety disorders, you rip what you sow, hosting such sentiments does not make a difference.

 Best of luck with your results. :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks like your blog's age is more then 6 months so have you got adsense if yes then please tell me i want to include you story and exeriance. please dont ignore me its a request. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't have adsense so far. You can post a link of my blog as a post on your blog to increase your traffic and to keep the rights reserved. Enjoy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete